Thursday, June 11, 2009

June (strawberry time!) At Grandpa and Grandma Jossi's!!

the kids are always ready--and waiting!--to leave for the airport!!!
up, up, and away we go.....we're finally in the air....
(I love how incredibly "fluffy" it looks above the clouds! I always try to imagine what it would feel like to "jump right in!" But unfortunately I always have to eventually come to the realization it would not feel like it looks! I'm afraid reality would be more like a Great. Big. Thud. :(Portland, Oregon--in sight!!!!

and mountains!!!! can't forget the mountains!wow. we're finally there! and grandma and grandpa always seem to be as ready for us as we are for them!:)
Little Emily. "Is somebody here?"
Getting re-acquainted with Uncle Dehl--is never hard! (But sometimes it hurts!:)
Well, when we go to Oregon in June, it doesn't take long to remember why we came!
Here're a few photos of mom and dad's "Pick Your Own" strawberry operation. They've been in business for 22 years now--and I don't know that I've missed one! Their customer base is huge--and grows every year (according to the mailing list). We (2-3 of us) work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week--for generally a full 3 weeks, just weighing berries and telling people where to pick--with hardly a dull moment!
Emily, and Kiera:), learn just about everything there is to know about strawberries during those long days!:)
Don't walk behind me,
I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me,
I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

BERRIES, BERRIES, AND MORE BERRIES!
Dad is known for his nice-sized, yet juicy, extremely flavorful strawberries. This one on the left though was as big as my palm, and tipped the scale at 1/4 of a pound!
mmmm, mmmm good. But this is not Campbells.:)
I do confess. We bought the cheesecake,
but we "made" the strawberries......!:) (note the stems on the counter:)
but nothing good comes without work......that lesson is learned by young as well as old--especially on a farm......
the days at the field can get awful.......long.......so long these little ones seem to grow up pretty fast!:)

We did catch a quick, windy day at the beach while there. Here I'll throw in a shot of the beautiful Pacific.....(is there another ocean??)
And last, but not least....
There's always time for "fun" with Uncle Dehl!
best buds

As you likely know, "fun" with Uncle Dehl usually ranges from.......

pretty (semi:) serious........

to pretty wildly crazy......!:) Enjoy! (But you might not want to try this (below)--unless of course, you're Dehl:)


sorry about the horizontal video--it changes 1/2 way through

No comments: